what's new at voc?
Splish, Splash, we're having a blast at the beach!
More outdoor adventures with Voc North, at Emily Oaks Nature Center in Skokie:
Our Voc North adults have been enjoying the unusually warm weather - at Indian Boundary and Maggie Daley parks.
Adventures at the Field Museum!
It's pumpkin-carving time at Voc North!
Voc North - in search of the perfect pumpkin!
Our Voc team leads take a break from the Oak Park / River Forest HS Options fair, to smile for the camera. The Options fair provides students with disabilities a chance to learn more about post-school opportunities - including PACTT's adult program.
Voc North cooked up a sensory dough recipe, with just a few ingredients - and a LOT of stickiness!
Our Voc North spaces are ready for the new year - with a deep clean and fresh coat of paint. Now all we need are our participants!
Voc North enjoyed an excursion to Indian Boundary Park:
Voc North takes a break in the school yard ...
PACTT's Voc North program explored the Smart Museum of Art on the campus of University of Chicago:
More Voc North sensory exploration -- this time, with foam dough:
Voc North participants got their hands dirty, making fake snow:
Voc West participants and staff enjoyed their holiday celebration, before they headed off to winter break:
The following criteria are considered for participation in PACTT's adult vocational program:
- Participant must be 18 years old or older
- Have a primary diagnosis of Autism
- The ISP team recommends placement into program.
- Must be currently working or volunteering in the community or capable of doing so in the near future with a job coach.
- Must be able to engage safely in the community with supervision of no more than 2 participants to 1 staff ratio.
- Must be able to complete basic self-care w/minimal assistance. (i.e. feeding, toileting)
- The participant is able to engage in independent leisure skill for 15-20 minutes.
- The participant is able to do some economic self- sufficiency. (i.e. sense that money has some value in exchange for work or goods purchased.) Also willing to carry a wallet.
- Not take medication during hours of operation. (Unable to pass medication at program as mandated by Rule 116.)