PACTT Learning Center
Gift-In-Kind donation acceptance Policy
Since the beginning PACTT has depended on gift-in-kind donations of items that are vital to the operation of its Programs. Family members, guardians and other supporters have been very generous in donating these items. In order to make the best use of our limited storage space, limited availability of staff to handle these donations and to insure that donated items are put to their best use, a policy for gift-in-kind donations follows.
An updated list of needed gift-in-kind donations will be available within our different programs, from the Director of Development or on our website www.pactt.org. We encourage donors to consult this list before making any in-kind donations.
- All donors will be asked to contact the Director of Programs before dropping off any items.
- Items that are needed in the near future will be listed on the website.
- In most cases the transportation of items to PACTT programs by staff is not available.
- By law, the valuation of any gift-in-kind donation is the responsibility of the donor. Gift-in-kind donations must be wholly consistent, in fact and appearance, with the activities, policies, mission, goals, and/or programs of PACTT.
- Due to lack of storage space and resources PACTT reserves the right to decline any gift-in-kind donation.
- At the time the donation is accepted the donor will receive information as to the possible disposition of their donation and sign the donation form to acknowledge this information.
- The donor of any accepted gift-in-kind will receive written acknowledgement of their contribution.
PACTT is unable to accept the following items:
- used computer equipment older than 2 years
- used furniture
- used bedding and other used household items such as curtains
- decorative items such as vases, figurines, wall art, paintings, posters etc.
There is an unlimited need for the following items.
- Sam's Club
- General Visa Gift Cards
- New computers or laptops
- office supplies
- art supplies
Please see program manuals for program specific needs.